5.05.2007

horchata

one of my favorite "Mexican" beverages is horchata (the other being Sangria Senorial). this post from Slashfood for Cinco de Mayo got me interested in how horchata is made. i never thought that it was actually made using raw rice. some recipes use cooked rice, but i think the raw rice method is more authentic. there's also horchata de chufas, made from tigernuts, but that's the Spanish version of horchata, which i'm not familiar with. horchata de arroz is what i'm talkin' 'bout here.

anyways, besides the recipe on Slashfood, i found two more that caught my interest. one is by Too Many Chefs, which led me to the post by The Food Section. here is a photo of the main ingredients that are used to make horchata, courtesy of The Food Section.



i'm going to pick up ingredients to make this wonderful beverage. my husband says i can use his coffee grinder to grind the rice, too!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 06, 2007 5:16 AM, Blogger SteamyKitchen said...

I've had horchata once and I remember it was sweet, smooth and refreshing. I didn't know it included almonds, thought it was just rice. Did you see that I tagged you on a meme? '

 

Post a Comment

<< Home