5.06.2007

5 things you might not know about me

i have been blog-tagged by my newest blog contact Jaden. blog-tagging is something rather new to me, and whilst i was reading up on this game of blogosphere, i even came across a Blog Tag Tree first started by Jeff Pulver.

well, here are 5 things about me unknown to most people:

1 i was a vegan for about 10 years in my young adult days. my mother calls me a "back-slidden vegetarian" now.

2 i have done some knitting, too. 2 projects i've managed to complete: a scarf and a dish rag.

3 i was once a college instructor at 三育基督學院, a Christian college in Taiwan. i spent 3 very rewarding school years there teaching music and office administration courses. looking back, i find it really hard myself to believe that i actually lectured in 國語. had to re-learn my Mandarin Chinese very quickly in order to communicate effectively with my students. i had studied Mandarin Chinese as a second language in school but never used it growing up. i can testify that total immersion in a language/culture really facilitates the language learning process!

4 my favorite ice popsicle flavor: tamarind

5 countries i've lived in: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, England, Taiwan, USA; countries i've visited: Indonesia, Yugoslavia, Hungary, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Canada, Japan, China, Hong Kong; countries i've stopped over: Russia, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates.

now i'm tagging some of my blog friends:

Manisha of Indian Food Rocks

Dr Stonielove

Amy of Blue Lotus

Deb of Smitten Kitchen

Amoret

Labels:

7 Comments:

At May 06, 2007 5:58 PM, Blogger SteamyKitchen said...

My family speaks Manderin and Cantonese. I don't really speak Chinese by my Mom and I communicate by Chinglish!

 
At May 06, 2007 7:16 PM, Blogger tigerfish said...

You are international, lady! You've lived in so many countries. How long have you stayed in S'pore?

You reminded of tamarind popsicle. Maybe I could try for summer.:D

 
At May 06, 2007 7:26 PM, Blogger Piegirl said...

hi tigerfish, i basically grew up in Singapore. first 6 years of my life was in Malaysia and Thailand, then my family moved back to Singapore so that we could get a good education. i finished my 'O' levels and did 4 years of college and worked two years before moving to England for a second bachelors.

 
At May 06, 2007 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you are a world trotter! so what exactly is blog-tagging? i guess i will find out by checking out your links :)

 
At July 15, 2008 10:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hi piegirl! i like your blog, it has really nice pics and good descriptions. do you plan on posting any vegan baking recipes? i'm not vegan but alot of my coworkers are and i'm learning how to bake vegan stuff...

 
At July 16, 2008 12:42 PM, Blogger Piegirl said...

thanks Linda! i'm glad you enjoy this blog. i haven't been an active blogger in over a year so i can't say if i'll be blogging any time again soon. i'm sure you'll be able to find lots of vegan baking resources just by searching the internet. good luck!

 
At May 09, 2011 9:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is a great article and a great website. I liked it very much

 

Post a Comment

<< Home