12.26.2006

buttermilk scones

i finally got a chance to try out this buttermilk scone recipe, blogged by my friend Cellissimo. it is yummy...light and flaky on the inside and a little crusty on the outside. what i liked most about it was the fact that it didn't have that aftertaste of baking soda that i always seem to get with store bought scones. i used alum free Rumford baking powder and Arm & Hammer baking soda for leavening. next time i make it, i'll use more lemon zest than i did today.

here's a closer up look at the flaky scones:

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 27, 2006 2:06 PM, Blogger Cellissimo said...

yay! I'm glad you liked the recipe. I'm going to make another batch - I need to use up the rest of my buttermilk. I hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

 
At December 27, 2006 4:10 PM, Blogger Piegirl said...

thanks to you! next time i make it, i'm going to try variations on the recipe, like use orange zest or other fruit. it's a great basic buttermilk scone recipe. my husband loves it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home